Frontpage Forums Typesolid First social link not appearing

• First social link not appearing

Diego Elio Petteno
    Participant

Hi, I just purchased TypeSolid after trying out Blogstream, and I noticed that this problem happens with both of them.

The first of the social links added is not appearing on either preview or page at all, the second and later show up fine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi!

Which icon name is it that doesn’t work? Is it a non-brand icon perhaps? If so, add this in Customize > Additional CSS:

.social-links i.fa-envelope { font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free"; font-weight: 900; }

Change fa-envelope to the icon name that doesn’t work.

Diego Elio Petteno
    Participant

No it was not a non-brand icon (but that’s good to know because I did want to use one of those!)

I think it’s a bit more complicated. When I selected the theme for customize without applying first, the “Social Links” drop down had one “pre-expanded” entry to type in. That one never shows up.

Once I _published_ the theme first, it would then not have this one “pre-expanded” entry, and all those added would show up fine.

Ah. Well, that is a Kirki issue I’m afraid, which I can’t do anything about currently (Kirki Theme Options Framework: https://wordpress.org/plugins/kirki/ – which all of my themes uses)

You have to publish the theme before applying some options.

David Vongires, the author of Kirki, is working on a 4.0 version in which this is hopefully fixed.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Once you purchase a product from alx.media, you will receive an account and access to the support forums.

Lost Password?