Frontpage Forums Magaziner Outdated version of Kirki

• Outdated version of Kirki

aashish pahwa
    Participant

Dear Alex

I was having problem with theme compatibility with Happy forms and this is what they informed me –
    ‘The issue is related to a so called Kirki framework. It’s something your theme ships with but uses a bit outdated version of it.’

Can you update the version in the theme? For the time being I’ll install the kirki plugin to solve the issue.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi Aashish!

Which version of the Magaziner theme are you using? I updated all 25 themes to Kirki 3.1.4 on July 13.

aashish pahwa
    Participant

I use 3.06

Magaziner 3.0.6 uses the latest version of Kirki, 3.1.4.

aashish pahwa
    Participant

This is strange. Even the latest version of the theme gives me a critical error because of Kirki, when used with Happy forms. Here’s the error –

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/magaziner-3/functions/kirki/core/class-kirki-section.php(34): Kirki_Section->add_section(Array)
    #1 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/magaziner-3/functions/kirki/core/class-kirki-init.php(217): Kirki_Section->__construct(Array)
    #2 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Kirki_Init->add_sections(Object(WP_Customize_Manager))
    #3 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #4 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #5 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php(928): do_action(‘customize_regis…’, Object(WP_Customize_Manager))
    #6 /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WP_Customize_Manager->wp_loaded(”)
    #7 /home/

Hmm – so you get this with Kirki 3.1.5 and WordPress 5.5? Have you tried contacting the Happyforms people and reported that Kirki is not outdated as they say?

aashish pahwa
    Participant

Yes I did. They replied that if the problem is solved by ‘Kirki Customizer Framework’, the problem is definitely with the theme’s kirki.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Once you purchase a product from alx.media, you will receive an account and access to the support forums.

Lost Password?