Frontpage Forums Magaziner Social Count Plus Recommended Plugin Not Found

• Social Count Plus Recommended Plugin Not Found

Resolved
    Brian Rubin
    Participant

Hello! I just installed the most recent version of this theme, and I was told to install two plugins. One installed fine, but another, Social Count Plus, doesn’t seem to exist any longer. What should one do to fix this problem? Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CHABAL Gregory
    Participant

Same problem, it’s down on wordpress.com, someone should find the zip package. Social Count Plus.

CHABAL Gregory
    Participant

I found it here it’s Github open source : https://github.com/wp-plugins/social-count-plus/archive/3.3.1.zip

Brian Rubin
    Participant

Awesome, thank you!

Thanks for reporting the issue, and thanks Chabal for giving an alternative download link.

I will remove this plugin from recommended plugins in the next update. Not exactly sure why it was removed from wordpress.org, but that is never a good sign.

CHABAL Gregory
    Participant

Hello @Alexander.

It’s because the Twitch and the Facebook counter are not working anymore, and I think they don’t have the time to maintain the plugins.

Il will try to add manually my followers number (I’m ok if it’s not updating automatically), or to reproduce your counter with manual HTML.

The code is opensource but I have no time to see why it doesn’t work (I know it is because of the new Facebook API, and the new Twitch design pages :)).

CHABAL Gregory
    Participant

If you want to round the numbers (like 2K instead of 2108), you can use this code :

function my_custom_scp_number_format( $total ) {
    	if ( $total > 1000000 ) {
    		return round( $total / 1000000, 1 ) . 'M';
    	} else if ( $total > 1000 ) {
    		return round( $total / 1000, 1 ) . 'K';
    	}

return $total;
    }

add_filter( 'social_count_plus_number_format', 'my_custom_scp_number_format' );
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Once you purchase a product from alx.media, you will receive an account and access to the support forums.

Lost Password?