Frontpage Forums Featureon WordPress 5.6

• WordPress 5.6

Resolved
    Relando Thompkins-Jones
    Participant

Hi Alex, I hope you’re well.

I am checking in regarding updates to the themes for WordPress 5.6. For some reason on my site that’s using the featureon theme, after updating, anytime I click on a link or blog post it takes me to a black screen. I’m not sure if it’s the theme or a plugin, but I wanted to check here just in case.

Link: https://notesfromanaspiringhumanitarian.com/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

As an update, the phenomenon is also present on my self-titled site: https://www.relandothompkinsjones.com/ which uses the Minimer theme.

Hi Relando! Thanks for reporting.

Have you tried disabling the swipebox plugin?

You could also try installing this plugin instead, if you feel using swipebox is important:

Sorry for the delay,

I checked and I actually dont have a plugin by the name of swipebox. Could it be called something else? I’ll check out the Enable jquery migrate helper plugin you mentioned.

Did the Migrate Helper plugin work?

Hm, I see a lot of mentions of “swipebox” in the code when inspecting the page. Could possibly be some other plugin loading it. Some slider plugin perhaps?

Thanks Alex,

The migrate helper didn’t seem to have an impact, but I enabled it anyway in case it does some important work in the background. After testing the plugins one by one, there was a plugin called “Responsive Lightbox & Gallery” that seemed to be causing the issue. Once I deactivated it I was able to access my websites again. Thank you so much for your help. It gave me the lead I needed to pinpoint where the issue was coming from.

Great to hear you found the plugin causing the issues! Thanks for the update.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Once you purchase a product from alx.media, you will receive an account and access to the support forums.

Lost Password?